To start with let me inform you all that ppl always complain about me that I always keep shouting about SEO but i have never made a perfect SEO site. I always have one thing in answer that – I never get time to put on a professional website.
Well I have already explained few facts about SEO in plain simple language in my Last post. Lets carry forward the discussion on search engine optimisation .
So the first Thing I would like to suggest is that, do not use improper ways to popularise your site, you know wat i mean is “spam”. Do not spam other boards just for the sake of guiding traffic to your website. Because almost all of the professionally managed high ranking websites have strict rules and measures to fight your autoposters, spammers etc and thus you end up putting your links and ads on negatively ranked websites, illegal content forums etc.
Another thing that affects is teh duplicate content that further hurts your negative ranking in search engine.
There is this such a big misconception among webmasters that , ” there’s nothign to lose on SEO”, but believe me , all Search engines have negative markings for duplicate, illegal content and spams.
It is not hard to be barking up the wrong tree when it comes to getting search engine traffic because there is so much out of date information being circulated. That is why it is always best to also learn many other traffic generation methods like viral marketing for example. Not only is there out of date or invalid SEO advice getting around, there is also information which if acted upon, can result in your pages being banned.
The SEO tips below should assist the reader in forming a basic understanding of how to create human friendly web pages which are easily understood by the most popular search engines.
Know this. There are thousands of search engines but only two of them will bring you most of the traffic. They are google and yahoo. Another search engine that brings you a little traffic is msn but I dont suggest you to focus too much on tactics for that engine.
Focus your attention on the engines that will bring you the most visitors first and work your way down.
1. Insert keywords within the title tag so that search engine robots will know what your page is about. The title tag is located right at the top of your document within the head tags. Inserting a keyword or key phrase will greatly improve your chances of bringing targeted traffic to your site.
Make sure that the title tag contains text which a human can relate to. The text within the title tag is what shows up in a search result. Treat it like a headline.
2. Use the same keywords as anchor text to link to the page from different pages on your site. This is especially useful if your site contains many pages. The more keywords that link to a specific page the better.
3. Make sure that the text within the title tag is also within the body of the page. It is unwise to have keywords in the title tag which are not contained within the body of the page.
Adding the exact same text for your h1 tag will tell the reader who clicks on your page from a search engine result that they have clicked on the correct link and have arrived at the page where they intended to visit. Robots like this too because now there is a relation between the title of your page and the headline.
Also, sprinkle your keywords throughout your article. The most important keywords can be bolded or colored in red. A good place to do this is once or twice in the body at the top of your article and in the sub-headings.
4. Do not use the exact same title tag on every page on your website. Search engine robots might determine that all your pages are the same if all your title tags are the same. If this happens, your pages might not get indexed.
Always use the headline of your pages as the title tag to help the robots know exactly what your page is about. A good place to insert the headline is within the h1 tag. So the headline is the same as the title tag text.
5. Do not spam the description or keyword meta tag by stuffing meaningless keywords or even spend too much time on this tag. SEO pros all agree that these tags are not as important today as they once were.
6. Do not link to link-farms or other search engine unfriendly neighborhoods.
7. Do not use doorway pages. Doorway pages are designed for robots only, not humans. Search engines like to index human friendly pages which contain content which is relevant to the search.
8. Title tags for text links. Insert the title tag within the HTML of your text link to add weight to the link and the page where the link resides. This is like the alt tag for images.
Use navigation menus on the left and right of the page. The menu should consists of links not images. When you hover over the link with your mouse, the title of the link should appear (use alt text in your link tags).
9. Describe your images with the use of the alt tag. This will help search engines that index images to find your pages and will also help readers who use text only web browsers.
10. Submit to the search engines yourself. Do not use a submission service or submission software. Doing so could get your site penalized or even banned.
Here is the submission page for google: http://www.google.com/addurl.html
Submit only once. There is no need to submit every two weeks. There is no need to submit more than one page. Robots follow links. If your site has a nice link trail, your entire site will get indexed.
More SEO Tips
Get the facts here: http://www.google.com/webmasters/. This page will explain most of what you should focus on along with what you should forget about.
If you have been thinking about handing over the task of SEO to someone outside of yourself, you should read some warnings before you part with any money. http://www.google.com/webmasters/seo.html